On This Page
- 1 How can bloggers make money on Pinterest?
- 2 How does affiliate marketing work
- 3 How to get started and make your first affiliate sale
- 4 How to choose something to promote?
- 5 How to implement affiliate marketing
- 6 My marketing strategy to make an affiliate sale
- 7 How I actually made my first affiliate sale in year
- 8 Putting it all together
- 9 So, ready to become a mommy blogger? Stay tuned for my upcoming blogging series where I will cover:
This post may contain affiliate links.
How can bloggers make money on Pinterest?
How does affiliate marketing work
How to get started and make your first affiliate sale
- What brands your target market like
- What products they use daily
- What types of products or services they could honestly benefit from
google company name + “affiliate program”
google blog type [IE lifestyle, finance, business} + “affiliate program”
google product/service type + “affiliate program”
How to choose something to promote?
Most people shop at Amazon, so they are trusted and people are far more likely to make an impulse purchase from a trusted site.
I personally don’t rely on it as a strategy. I simply use it to point my readers to a product I am talking about. I would point them there even if there wasn’t the possibility of making a few pennies.
It’s easy! They provide a banner right at the top of the page to grab your link and insert it into your post. It doesn’t require ANY extra time, and if you’re serious about your Amazon strategy, they have a plugin to make it EVEN EASIER.
- Commission rate
- Cookie Life
Flat rate: $3 a sale!
Max rate: Up to $1000
Scale rate: $10-$100 (usually means multiple products offered so the rate depends on which product is sold)
Percentage: 40% per sale
- Reoccurring: 25% monthly for the lifetime of the purchaser enrolled
How to implement affiliate marketing
My marketing strategy to make an affiliate sale
- A case study so I could SEE the techniques in place where she earned $74 a DAY from ONE post!
- to teach me exactly what other bloggers were avoiding sharing
- to teach me her infamous “money link” strategy, TIC Techniques, Keyword Strategies…
- …along with over a dozen little known tactics that will skyrocket your affiliate sale!
all this (and more) using the AMAZON affiliate program!
Plus, it was only $39. I figured if it worked I would make the money back eventually.
How I actually made my first affiliate sale in year
Many people will be using the same graphics to market any one affiliate product. A saturated market means your graphic won’t be the one people will click.
Not all designs appeal to everyone; using a variety means you’re bound to get one that finally appeals to someone. You can use these different styles to test and see which appeals more to your target market.
Pinterest loves fresh graphics, they bump those towards the top of searches so the more you create, the more often you’ll stay at the top of searches (and ahead of other people marketing the same thing).
Putting it all together
So, ready to become a mommy blogger? Stay tuned for my upcoming blogging series where I will cover:
- The Only Blogging Niches List You’ll Ever Need
- 9 Things to Do Before You Hit Publish On Your First Post and 6 Things to do After
- The Essential Bloggers Guide to Batching Blog Posts in 2020
Welcome! I live in Northern California with my husband, our toddler, and two dogs. I’m a writer, illustrator, and personal development consultant.
I’m on a mission to create a culture of happier, thriving mamas! I help calm the chaos so they can reclaim their happiness, rediscover their identity, and reach new levels of success in their endeavors.
This site is a place to find value in your voice and strength to become the best version of yourself so you can go from simply existing day-to-day to LIVING ON PURPOSE.