What if I told you that your day-to-day experiences are shaped entirely by what you are thinking at any given time? You always hear “think positive” – it sounds like some lame gimmick right? Wrong! Positive thinking equates to positive actions. And possibly, more importantly, vice-versa with negativity. So let’s find out how these 14 empowering beliefs can transform your life today with the power of positive thinking!
What are Empowering Beliefs?
Empowering beliefs are simply mindsets that empower you. Beliefs carry emotion, and emotions power our actions. That’s why empowering beliefs are so critical to a happy life. When you allow negative beliefs to power your actions, you receive negative results. But when you allow positive beliefs to power your actions, you receive positive results.
Making sure you surround yourself with positive and empowering beliefs adjusts your mindset, forcing you to choose positive actions. This is the easiest way to establish a happy life and a positive mindset.
How do you establish empowering beliefs?
The next question is inevitable; “HOW do you use empowering beliefs to create this positive mindset?”.
The good news is, it’s pretty simple. The bad news is, it can be a little difficult or uncomfortable in the beginning.
To be able to use empowering beliefs (at least in an effective way) you need to remove the beliefs that are limiting you in the first place. I’ll expand on this more at another time but by understanding where you are in your belief system you can then start recognizing your limiting beliefs, and finally begin to untangle them to ultimately remove them. This allows you to replace the limiting beliefs with empowering beliefs, changing your life forever.
14 Empowering Beliefs to Bring you Happiness
- UNDERSTAND YOUR POTENTIAL: The world is your oyster baby! You can do anything you set your mind to. So let’s get to work, tap into that unlimited potential today! Get out of your own way to find success!
- BE THANKFUL: No, but really. Do you have a roof over your head? Did you eat a meal recently (or skip one by choice)? You have SO MANY reasons to be thankful each and every day. Find them. Be thankful for the little things: finding a pretty rock on the ground, for not be allergic to yummy smelling lotion, going another day without breaking your favorite coffee mug, etc. Be thankful for the big stuff too, but the little things add up so much bigger than you could ever dream! Trust me, you will feel rich in no time!
- EMBRACE CHANGE: Change is going to happen whether you want it to or not, it’s inevitable. The difference is how you react to it. Love it, hug on it, brag about it – whatever it takes to embrace it. Focus on what is happening NOW, not what has happened (you can’t change that!), and not what will happen (it can still change yet!).
- GIVE ABUNDANTLY: Whether it’s your time, your compassion, your money, or your joy, give abundantly with all of your heart. The universe returns the karma, and more importantly, it feeds your soul. Volunteer for a charity, foster a dog, donate to a non-profit, or give your smile to a stranger. Pay it forward, abundantly.
- LEARN FROM MISTAKES: Mistakes happen, we’re all human and naturally imperfect. What you do with those mistakes makes or breaks you. Classifying mistakes as failures put you in a fail mindset, classifying mistakes as challenges put you in a growth mindset. Focus on the lessons the mistakes bring us and you’ll be sure to never make them again!
- DREAM BIG: Your dreams should be massive, big enough to take over the world. If they aren’t then what are you even dreaming for? Expand your mind through setting demanding goals that force you to take action and be diligent each and every day. But they should be fun, rewarding, and mean everything to you!
- FIND MEANING IN ADVERSITY: As we’ve discussed in this list already, somethings just have a tendency to happen, whether we like it or not, and no matter how much we plan against them. Tough times are one of those. But the good news is, often they have lessons in and of themselves, and you can’t truly appreciate the good times until you have been through the tough times. Take solace in the fact that emerging from adversity makes you stronger, wiser, and more courageous. There is always meaning, but sometimes you need to dig a little deeper to find it. Just see how far you’ve already come!
- APPLY EFFORT: A little effort will always go a long way. You are fully responsible for your success (or lack thereof), and that depends on how much effort you put in. Give yourself credit where it is due, no effort equals no success. At least minimal effort equals progress.
- PRACTICE FORGIVENESS: Forgiveness isn’t optional. Forgive yourself for past transgressions, forgive others for their own. Forgiveness does not mean forgetting, it means letting go of resentment. Set yourself free from the pain and heaviness by letting go and responding with compassion. But set healthy boundaries wherever are necessary.
- TAKE RESPONSIBILITY: Your life, your responsibility. Only you can be accountable for the actions that need to be taken to obtain the outcomes you are dreaming of. Celebrate this power, embrace it, take responsibility for it, and be the boss you are meant to be!
- CONNECT: You live in a time where connecting is the easiest it has ever been. Connect via phone, text, IM, email, forums, the list goes on. Connection is so important, it’s critical to surround yourself with people who love and encourage you. Not only friends and family, but meet people in your community, friends by faith, by hobby, even by opposites with the intent for learning new perspectives.
- TRY NEW THINGS: Speaking of new perspectives, try new things. See the world from a different view by picking up a new hobby or skill, maybe you’ll even uncover a new talent! Be open to experimentation and perspectives, you will learn about yourself, learn about others, and most importantly learn about the world!
- LEVERAGE STRENGTHS: We all have our own talents, our own skills we have sharpened, our own strengths we can draw from. Recognize these strengths and insert a value into them so you can leverage them daily! Use them to achieve the impossible, to conquer the world (or at least your goals!). Let that knowledge be your guide in life!
- RECOGNIZE OPPORTUNITY: Be open to the world around you. You never know when a new friend is standing by, or a new talent is close to being unearthed. Often you need to try new things to find them, but truly you simply need to be open to trying new things or hearing new perspectives to be able to see and recognize the opportunity in front of you!
An upbeat attitude increases your happiness and productivity. Question your old assumptions so you can replace them with a new sense of certainty about yourself and your future. Adopt empowering beliefs that build up your confidence and prepare you for greater success. Start today. You’ll be glad you did!